Monday, January 27, 2014

Selfies....Big Girl Style

Today I was laying on my living room floor soaking up the sunshine, when I was struck the way the sun was coming through the window and my dog was standing up on the sill. It was just beautiful! So I grabbed my camera. Of course by then, she had moved. So I set my manual settings and waited for the mail man to drive down the road (so the dog would pop back up). But while I waited, I thought I would play around. The girls were busy, so I tried taking pictures of myself. I tried different angles, different sides of my face, and different amounts of sun. What turned out was pretty good.....for selfies! What I got to play with is getting some light into my eyes, getting the explores right even in the harsh sunlight. It was such a fun, simple, and educational shoot! And they don't look like I shot them myself. Who knew selfies could work out? Here are a couple of my favorite pictures:


 
Oh and in case you are wondering, I did end up getting a picture of the dog in the window! She finally had to see what drove by and I was able to shoot! I am not sure what the lines are, but I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the sun on the screen! Weird huh? But still a good picture of my dog. At least the lighting turned out the way I thought it would!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment