Saturday, January 25, 2014

Light in Life




Today I looked over and saw my girls and the dog looking at the snow falling outside the window. What amazed me was the way the light was falling on their faces It was beautiful, and sharp. So I grabbed my camera and took a quick shot. It was simple, fast, and painless! It reminded me a quote I saw by Ansel Adams: "Sometimes I arrive just when God is ready to have someone to click the shutter". How true that was today. It made me think of all the complexities of light. Light is a photographers best friend, and worst enemy. Sometimes its perfect, sometimes its hard to find, and sometime it just seems harsh, but always always it is needed. I started to think about how God is the light of the world. What an amazing image of God. Sometimes he is perfectly there, sometime he is hard to find, and sometimes he even seems harsh, but always always we need him. Life is all about finding light in every moment, every place, and every situation. Light, like God, makes our lives better, brighter, and happier. So today I played with light. Light that is the very essence of a picture. After, a camera is only able to record the way the light plays off of the things in its focus. Light is probably one of the hardest part of the whole photography thing. It is really hard to find just the right light. Sometimes it is too harsh, sometimes too dark, and sometimes it is just perfectly beautiful! So, here is to hunting, seeing, and capturing the right light! This is going to take some experimenting and playing around to figure out, but I think it may be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment